Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Gallavanting with Mom

Yesterday was filled with going to and fro with Mom. She is on a Nicholas Sparks reading kick, so if any of you want to read his book in this town, you might find the library's supply of his books a little low. She is the type of reader when she finds an author that suits her liking, we have a run on them. Problem is I can't keep up with what she has read and not read. But yesterday, we went to the library, so she did get a few more books - Debbie Macomber books keep her quite happy too.

The morning started off with her 3 month check up at the doctor, plus follow up post hospital stay, which she does not remember (is that a blessing? For her, yes). It was a good appointment, with his encouragement for her to move around more. She was adamant she WAS moving around a lot in the house by getting up and going to the bathroom. True.

Library visit, as mentioned above, and then to get her haircut. She has found the MAN to cut her hair, who makes her feel like a queen, and if it makes her feel that good, then it is worth the money she spends, though I think it is on the pricey side. And, they are good to her and treat her like royalty. When I get to be her age, I want to be treated like that too. (I hope my children hear that?).

Decisions decisions as to where to get a bite to eat lunch, so we went to the country club (where my husband is golf pro) and ate our sandwich and had a gorgeous view of the golf course. We sat and watched the grass grow.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I like Nicholas Sparks and Debbie Macomber too. I'm sure mimi would enjoy Mary Kay Andrews's books. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice day despite the to-ing and fro-ing. I am FINALLY done, and now need to spend a little time grieving over this unwanted move. I am looking forward to not getting up at 4:45 (at least the HAVE to part of it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching the grass grow with someone you love is a commendable way to spend time. In my mom's last years, she seldom left the house as she didn't want to bother dressing, so I'm happy you two can have lunch together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gift to your mom to spend the whole day with her daughter, even if it was running to and fro.
    I've always loved getting my haircut. Feeling someone massage my scalp, washing my hair, taking such care in fixing it. And oh, your friend's daughter is probably loving the haircuts in France. They give you a wonderful hot oil scalp massage at the beginning, free of charge. (Or my lady did, anyway.) It is heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Cathy!! I can't think of a nicer way to spend a day -- as a mom and as a daughter!! I could go either way on duplicating your day!

    Has your mom read Jan Karon's books? The one's about Mitford? Really lovely and there are five or six in a row... I found them charming and wonderful.

    Hugs and love to you -

    Cindy

    P.S. I've read two GREAT books I think you'd like. Good To A Fault by Marina Endicott and Thank You For All Things by Sandra Kring.

    ReplyDelete