Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

In the Good Ol' Summertime

Auntie Knickers posted on her blog about things she liked and disliked about summer. It was part of Revgalblogpal's Friday Five series. But what caught my attention the most was the video at the end, which she said her father used to sing to her. I have a soft spot in my heart for the songs I know which I believe are treasures that are slowly disappearing from our repertoire.

Before you get to the video, I will share with you what I like and dislike about summer.

1. I love the long days. My body and mind feel better during this time of year. I dislike mosquitoes.

2. I enjoy the freedom and flexibility of the summertime schedule. Teachers have the luxury of this to recharge their batteries as once school begins, it's like being on a hamster wheel.  I dislike the fact that our summer is so rudely interrupted by school starting in early August. What happened to the day after Labor day?

3. Listening to the crickets and cicadas - music to my ears. I dislike that our houses are sealed up so much that we don't get to hear them unless we go out into the heat, which also brings the mosquitos.

4. Watermelon.  I dislike the gnats, ants, and other insects who delight in being a nuisance during this time of year.

5. Vacation time with family and getting to enjoy them in the good old summertime... and for your listening pleasure....





(if you are viewing this on Facebook, you will need to click on "view original post" to see the video, if you are so inclined.)

No comments:

Post a Comment