Before you get to the video, I will share with you what I like and dislike about summer.
1. I love the long days. My body and mind feel better during this time of year. I dislike mosquitoes.
2. I enjoy the freedom and flexibility of the summertime schedule. Teachers have the luxury of this to recharge their batteries as once school begins, it's like being on a hamster wheel. I dislike the fact that our summer is so rudely interrupted by school starting in early August. What happened to the day after Labor day?
3. Listening to the crickets and cicadas - music to my ears. I dislike that our houses are sealed up so much that we don't get to hear them unless we go out into the heat, which also brings the mosquitos.
4. Watermelon. I dislike the gnats, ants, and other insects who delight in being a nuisance during this time of year.
5. Vacation time with family and getting to enjoy them in the good old summertime... and for your listening pleasure....
(if you are viewing this on Facebook, you will need to click on "view original post" to see the video, if you are so inclined.)