Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Book #15 A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

A Wrinkle in TimeA Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle is a book on the top 100 chapter books chosen by blog readers as the best. This particular book was ranked #2, so since I am a fan of her adult books, I knew this was long overdue on my "to be read" list.

Glad I read it - written in the 60s, there was the definite feeling of "good vs. evil" and the fear of the concerns of the day with communism.

This has no reflection on the quality or value of this book, however, I am not a fan of this genre of traveling to different planets, dimensions, that sort of thing. It has a little science fiction and fantasy, so that had some impact on what I thought of the book. Don't get me wrong. L'Engle is definitely and excellent writer, as I have read many of her adult books and cherished them.

1 comment:

  1. L'Engle is definitely one of my favorite authors, and one reason I like the Wrinkle in Time trilogy so much is that every time I re-read it, I notice something new. Perhaps my weirdest re-reading was when I was getting my master's degree. I was taking the basic "special education" class. We had too choose one of the characters and create an educational plan for that character!

    ReplyDelete