Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dwelling Place - how lovely



I was looking for the recommended hymns for Sunday - and saw the hymn "How lovely is thy dwelling place". What comes to mind is not the tune in the hymnal, but the one from Brahms Requiem. It's one of the first choral works I remember performing at some point in my high school years, and brings warm memories and the presence of the Lord and His dwelling place to my heart.


So I went looking on Youtube, as I usually do, and had in mind posting the Brahms version. I tried to find the one which had the clearest, cleanest sound and one that suited MY fancy for you to hear.


It was not to be.


I can tell you that it caught my attention.


Now, if you will indulge me.....
Interestingly, same exact music, different video. See the difference.






Where is your dwelling place?

No comments:

Post a Comment