Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Ponderings on an aging parent

Frustration hit this evening. This is the first time in about a month that my mother has asked to drive her car. Mom is eighty, uses a walker, and has had issues with driving in the past which included driving in the middle of the night - and we are not sure she was dreaming during her driving or if the dream was so real that she continued on after she awoke to complete the dream.

We have her keys, so she asked if she could drive to go out to eat with a friend. I'm ambivalent. I don't want to deny her social activities which she has enjoyed, but I am also worried about her safety. There is no public transportation in this small community.

As the night transpired, she told me her friend was picking her up tomorrow. That's a good thing. There are more hoops to jump through, but I think I will close on this one tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment